Updated: Jan 24, 2019
With a myriad of options from Russell Coight parties, barbecues and family days, to great live music including iconic Aussie bands Thirsty Merc and GANGgajang, your local has definitely got you covered this Australia Day Long Weekend...
FRIDAY, 25 JANUARY
Bay Hotel Motel, Morisset - Everything Aussie Pre-Australia Day Party
- DJ Smashup on the decks from 9pm playing a "best of" selection of both classic and modern Aussie pop, rock and dance - Lamington eating challenge - Two slabs of VB to give away to "best-dressed bogan" (or Boganette) - Thong toss comp - Free BBQ - Plus, a stack of Aussie temporary tattoos to giveaway.
Criterion Hotel, Weston - All Things Aussie Party at the Cri
- DJ Dropbear on the decks from 10pm playing a "best of" selection of both classic and modern Aussie pop, rock and dance - Lamington eating challenge - Free Tim-Tams and free Aussie tattoos - Thong toss comp - CO2 cannon - $4 house beer schooners 9pm-10pm, plus all night we have $5.50 Stone & Wood Brewing beers on tap and $7 cocktails! - "Best dressed Aussie" comp.
Warners Bay Hotel - Thirsty Merc
The one and only Thirsty Merc at Waners Bay Hotel. Catch some of the most iconic summer tunes by one of Australia's best live bands. Tickets available HERE.
SATURDAY, 26 JANUARY
Argenton Hotel - Australia Day BBQ
- Live music with Pete McCredie from 8:30pm
- Aussie rock classics playing all day long - Let the kids run wild in the huge playground
So put on your Akubras, stick on an Aussie flag tattoo or two, round up your inflatable kangaroo and put on your going out Havvies, it’s all things Aussie around here! Staying for lunch or dinner? Book a table now (02) 4958 1060.
Bellbird Hotel - Australia Day Party
-$13 lunch menu
- Free icy pole with every kids meal
- Thong throwing contest 3pm
- Pie-eating contest 4pm
- Kids will be entertained in the playground or let them jump under sprinklers to cool down
- $5 zooper dooper vodkas for the adults
- Live music with Green Ginger from 3pm.
Belmore Hotel, Maitland - Australia Day Party
- Free BBQ - Free Aussie flag tattoos - $5 Cans of Tooheys New and XXXX - Dos Eager in the frontt room - Lawson: & DJ LowBlow in the back room - Free entry before 11PM ($10 after) - Maitland's biggest outdoor TV - Huge beer garden.
Bushrangers Bar & Brasserie - Australia Day Party
- Special Aussie menu
- Giant jenga
- Thong Throwing competition
- Yabby racing
- Kids Colouring competition.
Cambridge - Long Weekend Party at The Cambridge
- Entertainment form 8pm
- $10 Entry to Main Bat and The Warehouse - DJs in the Main Bar - Free party pies - Local bands in The Warehouse.
Caves Coastal Bar & Bungalows Australia Day Party
- Kicking off at 12pm with live music all day until late - Pop up bar by Stone & Wood and $6 Stone & Wood Beers - Pie-eating contest
- Thong throwing competitions
- Winner wins the ultimate Aussie Day Prize.
Chelmsford Hotel -Australia Day Party
- Open from 10am till late
- Touch Footy at 8am at Biralee Park for anyone! - Half Drive will be playing in the front bar.
Criterion Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Best Pub Dog competition from 2.30pm
- DJ Dunny from 3pm
- Kids face painting from 12pm
- Sausage Eating contest from 4pm
Erringhi Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Free sausage sizzle
- Live music with Loko from 3pm
- $5 Great Northern s/C stubbie
- $5 - Somersby cans
Exchange Hotel - Aussie Rock Anthems, Australia Day Party
- Aussie Rippers from 6pm til late
- Aussie anthems playing - Lamington Cocktail available - one day only - Aussie Food Specials - Prizes for Best Dressed Aussie Legends.
Family Hotel, Maitland - Australia Day Party
- BBQ stalls
- Best Dressed prizes
_ Face painting
- Tinnie bar
- Jumping Castle
_ Arts and Crafts
- Baby Animals
_ Laen Games
- Live music with The Tantrums from 7pm
Grain Store - Australia Day Party
- Live music from 3pm with Ryan Daley
- Map of Australia Vegemit and Cheese pizza
- Aussie beer from all states
Great Northern, Newcastle - Australia Day Party
- Table Tennis in the foyer
- Best Dressed bar tab comp
- Lamington Eating competition
- Australia Day food specials
- DJ from 7pm till ate in the front bar
Gunyah Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Free entry
- Best dressed prizes
- Aussie rock classics playing all day
- Live music with Overload from 8pm
So put on your Akubras, stick on an Aussie flag tattoo or two, round up your inflatable kangaroo and put on your going out Havvies, it’s all things Aussie at The Guyah.
Staying for lunch? Book a table now 02 4945 4603.
Honeysuckle Hotel - Family Fun Day
- Entertainment form 11.30am
- Harbourside deck
- Pony rides
- Circus school
- Face painting
- Jumping castle
- Treasure hunt
- Live music from Phonic Duo from 4pm
- Mark Wells Trio at 8pm.
Hotel Cessnock - Australia Day Party
Live music from 1pm with Garry Booth.
Maryland Tavern - Australia Day at the Tav
- $50 bar tab for best Russell Coight impersonator. - $5 XXXX schooners and $6 Bundys all day. - Jumping castle to wear the little tackers out
- EarlyDaze rocking Aussie classics well in to the night.
Lakeside Village Tavern - Straya Day at the Tav
- Jungle Kings - 8:30pm ‘til 11:30pm - $5 Schooners - 2pm ‘til 7pm - Aussie Cocktails available all day! - Bogan Bistro Specials for lunch and dinner - $20 Buckets of Coronas & XXXX Summers - Aussie BBQ (All money raised donated to Variety, The Children’s Charity) - 2pm ‘til 5pm - Win The Ultimate Mancave Fridge - Drawn at 8pm! - Courtesy Bus - 5pm ‘til 11:30pm - $5 Oak & Coke - 8pm ‘til 10pm - Best Dressed and Lucky Door Prizes.
Lambton Park Hotel - Australia Day Party
- $5 Stone & Wood tinnies and schooners all weekend long - $15 lamb and gravy rolls served w/ chips available all day - Plenty of Aussie merch giveaways - Aus vs Sri Lanka 1st Test Live from 2pm - Dean Kyrwood Live from 8:30pm.
Royal Crown Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Live music in the Green Room and Garden Bar from 1pm-3pm - Face painting for the groms - Australiana specials in the Kiosk - Great community day at Royal Crown Hotel, Dudley.
Rutherford Hotel - Australia Day at The Ruddo
- Live music kicking off from 1pm - All day dining - True Blue Trio.. $5 Schooners of VB, New and XXXX! - Mega Aussie Schnitty, topped with bacon. cheese, egg and BBQ sauce.
Shaft Tavern - Australia Day Party
- Open from 10am
- Live music with Black Jack AC/DC Tribute from 3pm!
So put on your Akubras, stick on an Aussie flag tattoo or two, round up your inflatable Kangaroo and put on your going out havvies, it’s all things Aussie at The Shaft!
Staying for lunch? Book a table to secure your spot! 02 4951 4587.
Shortland Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Thong Throwing contest
- Lamington Eating contest
- Vegemite Eating contest for adults and kids
- Face Painting and kids games
- Sausage Sizzle and BBQ with all proceeds to local soccer club
- Bistro open from 12pm - 2pm for lunch and 5.30pm - 8.30pm for dinner
- Live music with Russell Snape
Shoal Bay Country Club - Australia Day Party
- Entertainment from 2pm
-Crab races -Thong throwing -Pie eating competition -Best dressed Aussie - Late night Sausage sizzle/BBQ
- Live music in the courtyard from 2pm with Dean Kyrwood and Casey Bellamy -Live music in the Main Room from 8pm with Misbehave and DJ Dola.
Sydney Junction Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Free entry
- DJs in the beer garden from 4pm
- Live music from 8.30pm with Alias
- Aussie rock classics playing all day
- Aussie themed games from 2pm with great prizes to be won
So put on your Akubras, stick on an Aussie flag tattoo or two, round up your inflatable kangaroo and put on your going out Havvies, it’s all things Aussie at SJs! Planning to have lunch? Book a table now 02 4961 2537.
Tea Gardens Hotel - Australia Day Party
- Crab Races from 2pm - Face Painting - Live entertainment with the Leadbellies from 3pm.
The Wickham Park Hotel - 4th Annual Newcastle Blues & Roots Festival 2019
- Groovy market stalls, yummy food and fun for the kiddies.
Line up includes:
Chase the Sun
Cass Eager and The Velvet Rope
Lecia Louise Band
The Urban Chiefs
Merewether Fats Blues Band
Smoke and Rain
Windsor Castle Hotel - Australia Day Party
-Triple J Hottest 100 Competition
- Live music from 1pm
- Aussie Meat Share Plates
- $5 VB Schooners
Sunday, 27 January
Commercial Hotel, Morpeth - Australia Day Party
- Entertainment from 3pm
- Annual Tomato Competition
- Judging of Pickles, Relish and Chilli Sauce - Great prizes, cheese and biscuits supplied. - Thong Toss, Mad Hat Day prizes.
Criterion Hotel - Hottest 100 Party
- Free Sausage Sizzle from 3pm
- Bacon and egg rolls $10 all day
- All-day Bloody Mary's $12 all day
-Triple J Hottes 100 listening party from 12pm
- Bar tab prizes
- Big Al's Food Truck outside from 12pm - 8pm
The Exchange Hotel - Hottest 100 Balcony Bash
- Hottest 100 from midday - Song Sweep – Prizes for top 10 winners - Sangria jugs - Lamington Cocktail Special - Balcony vibes all day.
Lambton Park Hotel - Hottest 100 Party
- Hottest 100 loud on the deck all day - $5 Stone & Wood tinnies and schooners - $5 house spirits during the top 20 countdown.
Royal Crown Hotel - Hottest 100 Party
- Playing the Hottest 100 all day long.
- $10 Aperol Spritz all day long
- Bookings available for lunch in the Garden Bar.
Swansea Hotel - Triple J Hottest 100 Listening Party
- Hottest 100 playing all day
- Aussie BBQ - Drink Specials - Triple J Themed Cocktails.
Toronto Hotel - GANGgajang Live on the Lake
Don't miss Aussie rock icons GANAGgajang.
Tickets on sale now. Get yours HERE. General Admission - $25.00 at the beer garden, or VIP Admission at The Mulberry room $40.00. Kids welcome and the day includes screening of seminal surf movie, Mad Wax.