Updated: Jan 24, 2019
With a myriad of options from Russell Coight parties, barbecues and family days, to great live music including iconic Aussie bands Thirsty Merc and GANGgajang, your local has definitely got you covered this Australia Day Long Weekend...
FRIDAY, 25 JANUARY
Bay Hotel Motel, Morisset - Everything Aussie Pre-Australia Day Party
- DJ Smashup on the decks from 9pm playing a "best of" selection of both classic and modern Aussie pop, rock and dance - Lamington eating challenge - Two slabs of VB to give away to "best-dressed bogan" (or Boganette) - Thong toss comp - Free BBQ - Plus, a stack of Aussie temporary tattoos to giveaway.
Criterion Hotel, Weston - All Things Aussie Party at the Cri
- DJ Dropbear on the decks from 10pm playing a "best of" selection of both classic and modern Aussie pop, rock and dance - Lamington eating challenge - Free Tim-Tams and free Aussie tattoos - Thong toss comp - CO2 cannon - $4 house beer schooners 9pm-10pm, plus all night we have $5.50 Stone & Wood Brewing beers on tap and $7 cocktails! - "Best dressed Aussie" comp.
Warners Bay Hotel - Thirsty Merc
The one and only Thirsty Merc at Waners Bay Hotel. Catch some of the most iconic summer tunes by one of Australia's best live bands. Tickets available HERE.
SATURDAY, 26 JANUARY
Argenton Hotel - Australia Day BBQ
- Live music with Pete McCredie from 8:30pm
- Aussie rock classics playing all day long - Let the kids run wild in the huge playground
So put on your Akubras, stick on an Aussie flag tattoo or two, round up your inflatable kangaroo and put on your going out Havvies, it’s all things Aussie around here! Staying for lunch or dinner? Book a table now (02) 4958 1060.
Bellbird Hotel - Australia Day Party
-$13 lunch menu
- Free icy pole with every kids meal
- Thong throwing contest 3pm
- Pie-eating contest 4pm
- Kids will be entertained in the playground or let them jump under sprinklers to cool down
- $5 zooper dooper vodkas for the adults
- Live music with Green Ginger from 3pm.